It’s Halloween! Honestly is there a better time of the year? I can go about talking about demons and witches and everyone just thinks I’m in the festive spirit.
Horror movies are also a big part of Halloween and I unfortunately haven’t gotten to watch any yet because school likes to suck all happiness from my life. In general I haven’t watched many scary movies but I’m slowly making my way through a very long list and I thought I’d share my thoughts on the few I’ve watched.
- Halloween– When it came to 13 year old me wanting to be scared shitless, it was down to my mum to make that happen and sit with me. The first movie she chose was Halloween and to be honest I didn’t enjoy it. It was pretty boring and the only thing that kept me awake was my mums screams of terror.
- Childs Play– I had a great time watching this. I spent most of it laughing my arse off because it’s so ridiculous and also my mother is terrified of Chucky and so I also found her quivering behind a pillow funny.
- Poltergeist (2015)- This one I enjoyed. It wasnt scary or anything but I actually enjoyed the story and the paranormal-ness of it all.
- IT- I’d been wanting to watch the new version for ages and didn’t get to see it in cinemas and was jealous of all my friends who got to see it so when I went back to England and my nan suggested a movie night we watched this and it was fab. The scariest part was my nan and her husband snoring mid way through.
- Mama- This movie had a shit ending. What even was this ending! Ridiculous. But either way my viewing experience was fun, sat with my aunt stuffing our face with take away and sweets while my aunts girlfriend pretended to be asleep so she didn’t have to watch.
- Before I Wake- This was the other movie I watched with my aunt and it was better then the first. Maybe that’s just because Jacob Tremblay was in it and god that little boy is so precious.
- Annabelle 1 & 2- I like these movies. My mum hates watching them with me but I think they’ve got a good mix of creepiness and a good story.
- The Conjuring- Me and my mum came in from work two nights in a row in the last couple weeks of summer. We showered and got take away and stayed up after our shifts watching these and I love them even more the Annabelle.
So as you can see I haven’t watched many but when I do watch scary movies I find other peoples fear very amusing.
I have a whole other list full of horror movies I am dying to watch both old and new releases.