I was nominated by ¿Quieres saber un secreto? for the Blogger Recognition Award, so thank you so much💕. Their blog is full of really great reviews and I always love their top 5 Wednesday picks. They also write in Spanish so if you’re trying to learn/improve on the language definitely check them out cause what’s more fun then reading about books? Here are the rules:
- Write a post to publicize the nomination.
- Express your gratitude to the blog that nominated you and link their post to your website.
- Write about how your blog started
- Give advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 blogs of which we are followers and to which we want to give this recognition. You can not include the blog that nominated you.
- Comment on each nominated blog that you have named and provide the link to the post that you have created.
How my blog started?
I had a blog a year or so ago but it was terrible, a total cringe fest. And so in a spare of the moment, 1am decision, I deleted the whole thing. A couple of months later though I really started missing talking about books and taking part in the community especially as I started to read more. I tried starting a side blog on Tumblr to share my thoughts on books but it really wasnt working and I wasnt having fun, so I decided what the hell? And I created this blog here on WordPress.
Fair warning: I’m terrible at giving advice, so follow at your own peril.
- Have fun with what your writing. If your not enjoying what your writing about, how is anyone else mean to enjoy reading it?
- You don’t have to write reviews for every book you read. This is something I tried to do with my last, totally cringey blog. I’d write reviews for books I didn’t have many opinions on and they were all stale and boring. If you do wrap ups you can always delve into your thoughts slightly there.
- Also with reviews try messing around with formats; try mini reviews for a couple of books at once, spoiler reviews, reviews for a whole series together instead of each individual book, etc.
- Join the community; comment and like other blogs, join groups with weekly themes or reading challenges for example Top 5 Wednesday. This helps bring more people to your blog.
- Don’t be afraid to take inspiration from other blogs you’ve seen. If they do a tag or a specific post and you like it and want to do it too, go ahead and do it and make sure to tag the blog that inspired you.
- Don’t stress!!!! Reading and blogging is meant to be for fun. If you become super busy school, work, life in general or just really aren’t in the mood to read or write, then that’s totally fine.
(I don’t know if any of that will help but honestly I have no idea what I’m doing either.)
I’m not going to tag 15 people because I’m awkward bean and the thought of that gives me anxiety 🙂
I really enjoy these blogs and their content, definitely check them out. I’ve linked to a recent post of theirs I liked.
Thank you for reading.