The sun has been shining so bright today and it officially feels like spring … also I ate a whole Easter egg yesterday. Definitely spring time!
I read a ton of books in Winter and I decided to follow the trend of listing my top 5 favourites from the past season.
(In no particular order)
- Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennet– I went into this wanting cute and fluffy and that exactly what I got plus the added bonus of a surprisingly interesting plot revolving around hiking.
- Watch Us Rise by Renee Watson & Ellen Hagan– I wasn’t expecting to love this as much as I did but god did I love it! I haven’t shut up about it since picking it up. A great feminist read.
- Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare– I’m cheating a bit here cause I read a few of them before winter officially began as well but I loved them too much to not include them. I can’t wait to have a physical copy and read the 2(?) bonus stories.
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare– I was hooked from page 1. So much stuff happened, I sobbed throughout many chapters and barely got any sleep during the duration of me reading this. It was totally worth it.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas– Amazing! I finally read it and watched the movie within just a few days. I’m hoping I don’t take as long to read On The Come Up.
Overall I’m very happy with all that I’ve read these past months, and I’m really hoping I read some amazing books this upcoming spring.