Hello and very, very happy Friday!
It’s my last day of school!!!!
This past year has been one of the most stressful of my entire life and I am very much looking forward to a summer of doing nothing except reading and writing.
And so of course I’m here to talk about the 8 books I want to read this summer 🙂
1) Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes- I am a huge fan of Jennifer Lynn Barnes series, The Naturals, it’s one of the first series I ever read and what got me so hooked on YA. I really want to binge this book in one day, and life has just not let me do that recently, so that is my plan for one random week day.
2)A Gathering of Shadows by V.E Schwab- This is probably going to be my next read because I need more Victoria Schwab in my life and I finally have time to concentrate. I am gonna need to read a quick recap of book one though because I remember nothing 👍
3) Zac & Mia by A.J Betts- This is actually my current read and … I’m not enjoying it… It has nice writing but it’s more to do with the plot which I’m not enjoying all that much. Hopefully it’ll get better soon and I can stop complaining.
4) When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandya Menon- I have been a waiting a year for this book. I bought it for super cheap on Kindle last year but wanted the full summer experience since it is set at a summer camp. I’m thinking this could be a great book to read around the pool.
5)Timekeeper by Tara Sim- I have high hopes and I’m scared. Recently books I’ve been anticipating have let me down a bit and I’m just praying this isn’t one of them. This deals with magical Victorian era clocks(?) and an lgbt romance. Please be good.
6) Solitaire by Alice Oseman- Alice Oseman is writing a story following an ace-aro main character and I’m dying for that but it doesn’t come out till next year so of course I’ll be occupying my time between then reading her other amazing novels, starting off with this.
7) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- I’m rereading Twilight! I remember buying this book from Asda back when I still lived in England over seven years ago when I was about ten. I went through the 2 Twilight stages of being madly obsessed because everyone else was, then I took every opportunity to hate it because everyone else hated it. I want to go back and read it now as a seventeen year old who has seen all the memes.
8) Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas- One of the covers of this book has a beach and sand covered handcuffs so I’m taking that to mean that this is like summer mystery read? Possibly?
Those are just eight of the books I want to get this summer, not including ARCs I seriously need to catch up on and a few rereads. Thanks for Reading!