Hey. Hi. Hello! Welcome to my blog and happy July!
Like wow isn’t that crazy? I’m planning on reading a whole lot this July and taking full advantage of my time off but before I get ahead of myself I’m going to be talking about the 11 books I read this month.
Yeah I finished a whole 11 books this month. I don’t exactly know how since June was a month filled with exams but I’m not complaining.
- Superior by Jessica Lack– I kicked off pride month with a super cute short story following a superhero’s intern and a supervillains apprentice. It was absolutely adorable and a great fast read that helped me relax through exam stress I just really wish it had been longer. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare- This is book number 4 in the Magisterium trilogy and although I enjoy this series when reading I am finding that it’s a pretty average read unfortunately. Only 1 book to go though. ⭐⭐⭐
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera– I’m really sad to say that me and this book just did not mesh. On one hand I love the representation and the fact that these characters do have faults and aren’t perfect but really I just didn’t connect with this book which left me really disappointed especially since this book is so hyped. ⭐⭐
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare- I actually read this in Spanish cover to cover for the first time. Usually it takes me about a month to read a book in Spanish but I flew through this re-read and had a lot of fun. Also I’ve discovered Clary annoys me slightly less in Spanish.
- Orpheus Girl by Brynne Rebele-Henry– This book made me uncomfortable which made it so good. I went into this thinking it was a cute f/f romance and it really wasn’t. There’s a lot of trigger warnings that come with this book since it does revolve around sexual conversion therapy in the most brutal ways. Although I didn’t enjoy this book it was a very impactful and important book. ⭐⭐⭐
- Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer- I’ve been trying to write a review for this book since I finished it but I cant seem to put into words why I love this book so much! It’s about selling body parts of “unnatural” creatures on the dark market. It does get dark and gruesome so beware if that’s not your thing but I had a great time reading this! I loved the characters and how they had such layers to them, especially Nita the main character and I can’t wait for book 2. ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Two Can Keep a Secrete by Karen M. McManus– I had a great time reading this book! I flew through it in one day and I got so invested into the story. I also loved McManus’ other book One of Us Is Lying and I’m pretty sure her thrillers have now become an autobuy for me. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Zac & Mia by AJ Betts- I didn’t see the point of this book. I was reading and just thinking “I’d rather be doing literally anything else right now”. I actually considered DNF-ing but I pushed through and still wasn’t a fan. Unfortunately. ⭐.5/⭐⭐?
- Night Owls by Jenn Bennett- I loved it! Can’t believe I’ve had this on my shelf for literal years and haven’t picked this up. I really love the romance and I have a crush on both Jack and Bex. I loved all the subplots and the anatomical art aspect. I loved all of it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Aphrodite Made Me Do It by Trista Mateer- I’m trying to branch out my horizans and read the occasional poetry bind up and Netgalley ARCS, like this, are really helping me with that. I enjoyed this but I didn’t love it. The way she incorporated mythology and especially woman in mythology was interesting and I liked that and there was definitely a lot of great lines.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater- … Yes I started re-reading this series. I reread book 1 for school a couple of months ago and I’m in withdrawal from these characters and I cant read till November 5th for Call Down the Hawk so here I am. I’ve also started book 3 because … I cant stop. I think I’m going to have to write a whole post once I’ve finished my re-read cause I’m feeling so many things and I forgot how much I loved these characters!!!!
I’m really happy with how much I’ve read this month and amazingly I not only got good grades but got the grades to graduate! I read 11 books and graduated!!! Life will never be better. Also according to Goodreads I am 20 book ahead of schedule.
With only 11 books to reach my goal will I complete it in July? I hope so. Thankyou so much for reading.