Hello and welcome to my blog!
Today I’m going to be doing The Summer Bucket List Book Tag. I wasn’t tagged to do this but I saw The Sassy Library Fox do this tag and it looked really fun so here I am 🙂
All I’ve done so far this summer is sleep a lot, eat a lot and read a lot. All fun for me personally but not very interesting so I’m living vicariously through this tag.
This tag was originally created by Read by Tiffany.
✨Hit the Beach – A BOOK SET BY THE WATER✨
- I was scared for a minute there that I didn’t have a book to fit this which, considering it’s the first question, would not be a good start but then I remembered: Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman. I wasn’t madly in love with this book mainly due to the writing but this does take place in Hawaii with many beach/surfing scenes.
✨Watch Fireworks – A BOOK THAT HAD A FIREY ROMANCE✨
- I’m going with a series over one specific book and that is the Infernal Devices trilogy with the romance of Will/Tessa and also Jem/Tessa and you know what Will/Jem count too. Literally these guys were so dedicated to each other and their feelings were so strong. Also lots of sexy scenes all together from corset ripping to sexy times in a cave (was it a cave? I seriously need to reread).
✨Go For a Roadtrip – A BOOK THAT INVOLVES A JOURNEY✨
- Not only does The Long Ride Home by Tawni Waters follow a girl on a cross country motorcycle journey it also follows her journey through her grief and accepting that she’s pregnant and what that means etc. I read this book in one sitting one random night and was in tears by the end.
✨ Camp Under the Stars – A BOOK THAT LEFT YOU STARSTRUCK✨
- I feel like you could definitely say that Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston left me startruck both because I actually got an ARC of this which had me being like “wtf!!” and then the book itself absolutely blew me away.
✨Marathon Some Movies – A BOOK YOU COULDN’T PUT DOWN✨
- The Kings Men by Nora Savakic. I was totally engrossed with this whole trilogy but the finale especially. This book is something like 500 pages and yet I read it in one sitting and I’ve reread it since then too.
✨Go Out For Ice Cream – A BOOK WITH A SWEET ROMANCE✨
- Charlie and Nick from the Heartstopper webcomic/graphic novel are adorable. Literally the cutest thing in the world is when Charlie wears Nicks coat/jumper which is far too big and they go play in the snow. I can’t wait to get my hands on the second volume.
✨Picnic in the Park – A BOOK THAT WAS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR✨
- A book I loved recently that felt completely different to anything I’ve read was Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer. Although not for the faint of hearted I loved this book in all its gruesome glory, especially the main character Nita.
✨Go For a Hike – A CHARACTER WHO CONQUERED AN OBSTACLE✨
- Shout out to Kaz Brekker who overcame many literal obstacles in the name of getting his money. Also shout out to Kaz just because.
✨Grill Some BBQ – A BOOK FEATURING DELICIOUS FOOD✨
- I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever read a book featuring delicious food or even just food in the first place besides passing mentions. If anyones got any recommendations send them my way but without saying my dads Jamie Oliver cookbooks then I suppose I could go with To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Hann since there is quite a bit of baking involved.
✨Watch the Sunrise – A BOOK THAT INSPIRED YOU✨
- I have two for this question. I am an aspiring but very much struggling writer but I recently re-read The Raven Cycle and that re-read made me realise how absolutely bonkers these books are which inspired me to just write and include those strange things. If they pay off then yay and if not then just try again.
- Also a series that inspired me was the Royal duology by Rachelle Hawkins. I read both Prince Charming and Her Royal Highness this past weekend and I had such a fun time which inspired me to get back to writing because that happiness I felt while reading them is how I want people to feel reading my work, something that will never happen if I don’t actually write.
I had a lot of fun doing this tag. Thank you for reading.