Hello and welcome to my blog 🙂
I am currently in a strange stage of nervous but not nervous because I start my new job tonight and I don’t know how to feel. On one hand I’m excited because I’ve done bar work before, I’ve known the owner for years and she’s the one that offered me the job but on the other hand I cant stop overthinking it.
And so I figured that to take my mind off of it I would finaly getting around to doing The BW Mid Year Tag which I was tagged to do by Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox so big thanks to Virginia 🙂
✨Where are you on your Goodreads Challenge? Ahead or Behind? ✨
As of 2am last night I have officially completed my Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge!!! There was digital confetti and everything. It was a magical moment.
I set my goal for the year at 60 books and I have no idea how I’ve already read that many but I am thrilled because school starts soon and I have a feeling it’s gonna be crazy and reading’s gonna have to take the backseat for a while.
✨Have you really been reading your Top 10 of the Year?✨
I don’t think I set myself a strict Top 10 this year. I made a list of Top 10-ish 2019 releases I wanted to read this year. Also a list of series I wanted to complete/catch up on.
In terms of 2019 Releases I’m doing great, miles better then I expected. I wish the same could be said for the Series I wanted to complete.
✨Are you going to change some of your top 10s halfway through?✨
Like I said, I don’t have a strict top 10 but in regards to 2019 releases I have added Call Down The Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater onto that list because back in January there wasn’t a release date for it and I am so freaking excited!
✨What are your top 5 books of the year so far?✨
This is HARD! Probably:
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Red White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer
- Prince Charming by Rachel Hawkins
- Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare & Wesley Chu
✨Any new releases you’re excited for?✨
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- The Guinevere Deception by Kierstan White
✨ Favourite character of a new (either released this year or new to you) book this year ✨
Hmm. I love the whole entire gang from Red White and Royal Blue: Alex, Nora, June, Henry, Pez. Individually they’re all great but together they’re so entertaining too.
Also I love Nita from Not Even Bones. She was such a great complex and unusual character and I can’t wait to see where her story goes.
✨What is a book you regret not having read so far this year?✨
A Gathering of Shadows by V.E Schwab. This is on my summer TBR I just haven’t gotten to it yet.
✨What are your favourite TV shows/movies you’ve watched this year?✨
Again. Theres just so many:
- Spiderman: Far From Home – This was literal perfection.
- Sex Education – Season 2 where are you!!! I love the main 3 characters and also their actors. The Netflix videos they’ve done together are so cute!
- I watched the whole 1st season of Peggy Carter last week and that was great.
- Aladdin – I sang so much.
- The Umbrella Academy -I would die for Klaus.
- Detective Pikachu – Possibly the cutest movie ever.
- Captain Marvel – I’m ashamed that I nearly just forgot this.
✨ What do you really want to watch before the year is out. ✨
I always need more recommendations but at the minute on my list I have:
- La Casa de Papel – I watched 3 eps but then school got busy so I never continued and season 3 just came out so I need to get on that.
- IT Chapter 2 – This looks so cool!
- Legends of Tomorrow– aka my favourite show ever.
- Legacies– I thought this would be crap but I love it.
- Also I’m forcing mum to watch all the MCU movies with me in timeline order. Next on our list is Guardians of the Galaxy.
✨Whats a song you’ve been obsessed with?✨
There is no 1 song I’ve been obsessed with but my Top 3 current song obsessions are. Old Town Road by Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus. Best Fake Smile by James Bay and If I Can’t Have You by Shaun Mendes (this is such a guilt pleasure song)
✨What are your favourite songs/albums of 2019 so far.✨
- Parents by YUNGBLUD
- Literally anything by Lewis Capaldi because I love him.
I had a great time doing this tag. I genuinely don’t know who to tag but if anyone wants to do it go ahead and link back because I like reading other people’s answers to tags. Thank you for reading 🙂