Hi, hey, hello and I know I said it yesterday but HAPPY SPOOKY SEASON!!!!
I love all things Halloween so much so infact that I’ve got a whole TBR for this great month of October something I don’t do very often because I never stick to my TBRs and I always end feeling guilt.
However I’m feeling pretty confident in myself right now … even though I’m in a minor reading slump. I need October to be a productive month, and I need to go into the rest of this year with the mind set of “I can do this” so I’m hoping completing a TBR will help me boost myself up.
Anyways, lets just jump in to my pretty ambitious (for me) TBR:
- Finishing Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson- I started reading this back in September … and I still havent finished it. Its not a bad book or anything like that, I’m enjoying it I’m just … not picking it up. I’m hoping eventually I’ll finish this this month but I do feel like I’m going to have to give it a re-read at some point in the future.
- These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling- Lesbian elemental witches. Lesbian. Elemental. Witches. That’s all I need to say (and tbh all I know) I think this book is going to be fun and great for Halloween.
- Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling- I’m really not expecting to read this whole entire 500+ page book this month because like I said I’ve already got a few books I want to read and school is a bitch and I’m sure it’s only going to get worse. I am missing the Hogwarts lads and ladies though so I want to at least start this.
- Tunnel of Bones by Victoria Schwab– As you can see by the bookmark sticking out of it I started reading this last night. I’m hoping a nice easy middle grade read combined with Schwabs superpowers will give me my reading mojo back. Also I really like this series, I re-read book one last month in anticipation for this release so I’m looking forward to it.
Now onto my non physical TBR because like I said, I’m aiming for over achiever this month:
- Shade & Revenant by Mere Joyce– So this is book 1 and book 2 of a ghost series. I’ve already read Shade so it would be a re-read meaning I’m not too bothered about re-reading this or now however book 2, Revenant, comes out this month and I’m so excited. Basically this series is about a summer camp for people who can see ghosts although different people see different types of ghosts. For example: dog ghosts, brutally murdered ghosts, evil ghosts, ghosts of mothers who died in childbirth, etc.
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw- Errr I don’t know what this is about. I’m pretty sure witches but I might be wrong. Either way I did try to read this last year but couldn’t get into it. This is up again to read for free on Riveted.com so I’m hoping I can read it while I lay awake at night to anxious to sleep or whatever.
- Autoboyaugrophy by Christina Lauren- This is not “spooky” or “scary” unless you fear the hype which I do. I really have the urge to finally read this this month though. I have it on my phone so again I’m hoping I’ll get to this in October.
So there’s my TBR. School is going to get busy this month, I have a history presentation and an English exam coming up already so lots of exciting things.
I’ll probably come out looking like a zombie by the end of the month. Very on season. Thanks for reading 🙂