Hi, hey, hello and welcome to my blog!
It’s still the new year and I am seizing every opportunity for content and so here I am with the New Year Book tag! We’re not very far into the year, the decade, but shit’s gone crazy already but I’m just going to ignore all that and talk about books 🙂
1-How many books are you planning to read in 2020?
I’ve set my Goodreads goal to 40 books even though I read double of that last year. I’m hoping to read more then that but I’ve got a busy year coming up with school and I don’t want to put pressure.
2- Name 5 books you didn’t get to read last year but want to make a priority in 2020?
Again, so many but the ones I can think of off the top of my head are:
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff- after years of this being on my tbr I’m finally reading it.
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo- only just got my hands on a copy but I wanted to read it last year so it’s definitely a priority.
- Like a Love Story by Abdi Nazemian- I am terrified of this book. It’s going to rip my emotions apart but I swear I will be putting myself through the pain this year.
- Not Your Sidekick by C.B Lee- I don’t even own this yet but I’ve not stopped hearing great things.
- What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard- I was meant to read this last year. I didn’t. There’s hope for 2020.
3-Name a genre you want to read more of in 2020?
I have a whole post dedicated to something like this so sneak peak for that but I really want to read more “dark academia”. I finished Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo the other day and I need more of everything like that.
4- Three non book related goals for 2020.
- Pass my classes and the school year with little to know crying.
- Write! I want to finish my first draft this year.
- Keep up my confidence and keep down my self hatred :p
5- What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read?
Again, Nevernight but I’m hoping to be quite far into that by the time this post is up so I’m saying Renegades by Marissa Meyer. I feel like I’m either going to love this or hate it, but I seriously need to get it read.
6- One word that you’re hoping 2020 will be.
Any of these.
So there we go, my first tag of the new year. I’m hoping Lady Gaga’s words ring true for this year and with the books I read. Thanks for reading 🙂