Hi, hey, hello and welcome to my blog 🙂
About a month ago now the amazing Daria @ Bookaholics Therapy nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thank you so much Daria🖤
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
🌸Do you have any weird reading habits?🌸
I mentioned this in a recent Top 5 Tuesday but I have the annoying habit of not reading books I’m enjoying. Its as if as soon as I realise how good a book is … I stop reading it. Annoying as hell.
🌸Do you ever dream of becoming?🌸
I do but the fact that I can barely get 5 chapters in to my current WIP is making that dream difficult to accomplish so my back up plan and the more realistic dream is to go into publishing/editing.
🌸What’s a place you really want to visit?🌸
I’d love to go to Prague. It seems so beautiful.
🌸What’s your rainy day song/playlist?🌸
Gotta admit I love a bit Hozier when it’s stormy at night and I can’t sleep. Hozier + the sound of rain outside your window is amazing.
🌸Do you use something special/unordinary as a bookmark?🌸
No not really. I have 2 bookmarks I use the most, one features a sloth and the other black with stars and a quote I can’t remember right now. I sometimes in times of great laziness and need,use a folded up bit of kitchen roll when it’s the only thing nearby.
🌸What’s something you loved in you childhood that you don’t like anymore?🌸
Apparently I used to like crabsticks ??? Don’t recall. Ew. Gross. No.
🌸What’s a new genre that you recently got into?🌸
I mean I’ve read like one book in this genre but I plan to read more and that is Dark Academia. I loved Ninth House and I’m planning to read The Secrete History by Donna Tart next week.
🌸What book made you feel hungry?🌸
Clockwork Prince, not because it talks about food a lot but because I binge read it and forgot to eat.
🌸What, in your opinion, the best weather for reading?🌸
I really like reading in summer when it’s hot out and I don’t have school, I’m sprawled on the balcony or by the pool, dads got the barbecue on and mums making us cocktails.
🌸What’s a book that played with your mind/messed you up (in a good way)?🌸
This is a hard one. All I can think of is The Magicians but not in a good way. In the worst way. I hated this book so much and me hating a book I thought I was going to love made me loose all hope in anticipated books.
🌸Do you like scented candles? If yes, what scent?🌸
I do and when I eventually move out (in a few years) I plan on having loads. My mum thinks I’m going to burn the house down at the minute. She has no faith in me.
I really like vanilla or coconut scents.
Facts about me.
- I’ve had glasses since I was 7-8ish but hardly ever wear them even though i get headaches because they’re annoying as hell.
- My nanna, who has been my nanna my entire 17 years of life (unlike my other grandparents) still doesn’t know how to spell my name. I’m literally her only granddaughter (and she doesn’t have the excuse of age because she’s not even 60)
- We have a bearded dragon called Echo Jammie Dodger.
- The security guard at my school thought my name was “Meow”. Is my hand writing really that bad?
- As a kid I had a weird obsession with Will Smith movies. I jumped from being 3 and loving Barney to being 5 and knowing every word to the movie I.Robot because I watched it on repeat.
- I haven’t been to the doctors in nearly 8 years. 💪😷
- My old hamster was EVIL! I only found out recently that he didnt die like my mum said but actually they gave him away to the neighbours.
- I’m always cold. Always. I’m freezing cold right now. My Spanish friends make fun of me for it.
- I have a scar on my leg from when I was playing hide and seek and thought it was a good idea to hide under our old garden fence and then stabbed myself with a rusty nail.
- I own waayyyyyy too many knitted bobble hats for someone who lives on the south coast of usually sunny Spain.
- Amanda @ Aelilyreads
- Joanna @ The Geekish Brunette
- Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox
- Yolanda @ Past Midnight
- What book are you dying to get your hands on?
- If you could re-read any book for the first time, what would it be?
- Your go to pizza order?
- Your favourite book cover of 2020?
- Are you addicted to watching TikToks until 3am? (because same.)
- What’s your favourite character from your favourite series (book or show)
- Best food to eat when you’re drunk?
- What are you favourite random book tropes/dynamics.
- Your favourite vines?
- Do you bake/cook?
- What book do you recommend always and forever?
I’ve sat here writing this one post for over an hour because I keep getting distracted by my phone. Fun times.
Again, thank you so much to Daria for the nomination ❤ Thanks for reading.