Hi, hey, hello and welcome to my blog.
Raise your hand if your country is on lock-down for the next two weeks and you can be fined for leaving your house without a valid reason! 🖐 Me.
Me and my dad went out this morning, just to the corner booze shop to stock up on the most important things: alcohol, and the whole time I was singing the song from TikTok “Don’t be suspicious, don’t be suspicious” and now it’s been in my head all day.
Basically today I’m going to be talking how exactly I plan to keep sane during these next two weeks. I still have class, kinda. My Latin and Greek teacher is making us do class for 2 hours over WhatsApp! This is the time we’re living in. But apart from that my plans include:
Reading so much.
My expectations for reading this month were low since this month was meant to be jam packed with exams as it’s technically the end of term. With everything that’s going on though I think I can probably squeeze a fair few things in.
I’m currently reading:
The Secrete History by Donna Tart- I’ve been reading this for what feels like forever and I’m only 200-ish pages in. It’s interesting but so slow. I’ve just hit a turning point, I think, I hope, so this will definitly be getting finished this month.
The Goblet of Fire Illustrated by Jim Kay– I started reading this to ease my anxiety and planned to read a chapter a day before bed but I’ve been flying through this. I’m always so taken aback by how beautiful the illustrations are. What I’m considering reading:
- The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic– because of course a re-read of my favourite trilogy is needed in such a dire situation as this.
- More Than Maybe by Erin Hahn- I’ve got an ARC of this and I’m truly considering dedicating a whole day of hiding in my room and reading this. I’m so excited for this.
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare– Continuing on with my re-read before getting my hands of the newly released Chains of Gold.
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell- This is free up on Riveted.com so I’m definitely considering reading it. Riveted is a really great sight, they have a selection of popular YA books for you to read each month and I use it all the time.
- Heartstopper Vol3 by Alice Oseman– In times of great anxiety read these graphic novels.
I’ll be really surprised if I get to all of these but ya never know. These are what I’m feeling like I’m most likely going to pick up.
I have a Sims addiction. This is no secrete. Right now I’m on generation 3 and she had TRIPLETS!!!! I’m taking care of toddler triplets and the stress is 🤯😭
Maxing out their skills and aging them up into children and continuing on with the family legacy is top priority right now.
Watch all the TV Shows & Movies
- The Mandalorin– Have I ever watched Star Wars? No. Do I ever want to or plan to watch Star Wars? Also no. I hold my hands up and admit I’m only watching this for Baby Yoda content.
- Elite- I need to finish season 2 and start season 3 asap because my class group chat, which i need to keep checking for updates on projects and exams and all that, is overflowing with spoilers. Everyone else ditched on Friday to watch and I was one of the five people stuck at school. I’m sure I’m gonna get pissed off with what happens but I need to watch it.
- La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) – I keep telling my friends I’m going to watch this and then I just dont so I need to get on this.
- Knives Out- I’m going to make my family watch this with me one night in the next 2 weeks.
- P.S I Still Love You– I read the book for the sole purpose of watching the movie and I still havent done it so here we go.
- High School Musical– My 17 year old ass is 100% planning a HSM movie marathon.
Killing each other over Monopoly
Like I said we’ve stocked up on booze and so a Monopoly part is imminent. I mean if we’re going to be stuck together we may as well get out any and all issues over a not so friendly game.
So those are my plans. This is all still completely crazy to me, I truly feel like we’re in the prologue of a dystopian series. Wild. Crazy.
I hope wherever you are you and you’re family stay safe 🖤