Hello and welcome to my blog.
I have no idea what’s going on right now. I’ve gone and got myself all confused in terms of school things I need to do and my schedule for the next couple of days and now I’m all anxious. 😂
Because of that I’m taking a break from thinking/existing and I’m going to be doing The Liebster Award for the third time!
This time around I was kindly nominated by Meghan @ Whimsically Meghan. Go check out her blog!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think deserve the award
- Ask 11 innovative questions to the ones you have nominated
- Remember to notify your nominees once you have uploaded your acknowledgement post
1- Is Fall your favourite season, like it is millions of others (me included)? If not, what is your favourite season and why?
(sorry I feel way too American saying “fall” and I can’t deal) is definitly one of my favourite times of year for Spooky Season 👻+ getting to be all cosy in my jumpers again after a killer summer of non stop sweating.
2- Do you plan on reading anything spooky in October? Or is that not your thing?
I always want to read spooky things in October but my current problem is that I don’t currently have any “spooky books” in my possession. I do usually gravitate towards books with lots of magic to make up for that though.
The books currently left on my Spooky Season TBR which feature magic/magic creatures include:
- Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
- We Were Magic by Sarah Gailey
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
3- What’s one thing you’re looking forward to in October?
I start my driving lessons this month (hopefully)!!! I took my theory test last Wednesday and then spent the next two days anxious (as usual) and totally convinced that I had failed but on Friday I finally got my results back and tomorrow I’m going in to book for my practical lessons.
Not gonna lie I’m terrified. I genuinely can’t imagine myself driving so this should be interesting.
4- What’s your favourite memory from September?
Ha. So funny story but I barely remember anything that happened in September. It was genuinely just a blare. I’m sat here coming up with nothing …
The only thing I can think of is that it was my friends 19th birthday, we had a super tiny “party” for him at the bar I work at and despite me being on shift I was doing more shots then him. I had one shot called a “monkey brain” and I kid you not it was the worst thing I ever had.
My plans on being a bad influence tomy friend on his birthday failed cause like I said I think I was drunker then him. Oops.
5- What is a show worth binge-watching? (I need recs!)
I have a very basic taste in TV shows but I will happily give some recs:
- The Haunting of Hill House – I watched this in 2 days and cried a whole lot. The sequel/companion series came out last week and I’ll be watching that eventually.
- Elementary – My current binging show. It’s my … 3rd time watching? I might be obsessed.
- Julie & the Phantoms – So this show is said to be for 7+ but don’t be put off by that. This show is so good! It’s got such a good plot and characters and because it’s kind of younger kids there’s no weird and unnecessary plot lines like there would be if it was on CW or something. Also the soundtrack is spot on!
6- Do you make monthly TBRs? If so, do you stick to them?
I do make monthly TBRs. While I don’t always exactly stick to them I like having the structure.
7- What is your favourite childhood food?
Fish finger sandwitches!!! Pickle onion flavoured monster munch!!! ASDA tray bake cake with the sprinkles and the dolly mix sweets on top!!! Mini chocolate chip weetabix!!!! Morrisons Meal Deal!!!
These are all the good foods I liked when I was a little kid living in England. I don’t live in England anymore so I don’t eat these foods often because they are very expensive to buy/you just can’t buy them here so now they’re nostalgic childhood snacks.
8- What is your dream job?
- Published author
- Something to do with working in publishing
- Panda nanny
9- What is a name that you always wished you had?
Despite my name (Elli-Mai) constantly being misspelled (including by my nanna who was inthe room and watched me be born) and mispronounced (my school security guard thought I was called “meow”) I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to change my name.
Does last name count? Because I kind of wish I’d hyphenated my name while I had the chance when my parents got married so it’d be the same as the rest of my family.
10- Where is your favourite place to be?
My bed? A bookshop?
11- What is your beverage of choice?
Pepsi or PG tips tea with two sugars or IRN BRU
Questions: (I stole some of these from previous tags I’ve done because my brain is fried)
- If you had to choose one author to write your life story, who would you choose?
- What’s your go to comfort tv show?
- Pretties book cover of 2020 in your opinion?
- Do you like watching reality TV?
- If you could live in just one bookish universe which one would it be?
- What’s your favourite pizza topping?
- Imagine you’re a writer! Which kind of book would you write? (e.g. genre, tropes, characters, etc)
- Is there a genre you want to read more of?
- What book trope/genre/random bookish thing do you want to become popular again?
- Have you made reading plans for 2021 yet?
- If you read ARCs, has there ever been an ARC you’re super disappointed you didn’t receive a copy of?
Thanks once again to Meghan for nominating me, I loved answering your questions, they kept my mind off my nerves and stress for a while lol
Thanks so much for reading and stay safe!!