Hi 🤗 I’m very behind on awards and tags I’ve been nominated for or tagged in recently. It’s my own fault. I don’t know why I’ve been procrastinating these but I have and I’m sorry.
I was nominated for The Outstanding Blogger Award back in October (yes October, it’s been two months, I have no excuses). Thank you so much Nefeli @ Biblio Nebula for nominating me 🖤
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
What’s your favourite holiday?
Probably Christmas for the simple fact that it’s the only holiday I celebrate. I’m not religious so Easter is just an excuse to eat giant chocolate eggs and while I do like Halloween I never actually do anything so by default it’s Christmas. I also realllyyy like Christmas dinner and the weeks worths of leftovers too.
Forget favourites. Name a book or character you loathe.
I barely even had to think about this one: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Hann. I genuinely despise this book and the main character Belly who was possibly the most annoying and hypocritical character I’ve ever read about. I randomly picked this up at 1am and stayed up hate reading till I was finished at 4am.
What’s the weirdest book you’ve ever read?
I feel like The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater is a weird series. Like, it’s beautifully written and there’s great friendships, family dynamics and romances but then you remember that Roman dreamed his own dying body, Adam gave himself to a sentient forest and there was triplets with the same name and it’s like hmm … that was odd.
Do you have a favourite historical figure?
I don’t think so ??? . I’m tempted to say King Charles II of England but truth be told I know nothing about him besides the Horrible Histories song which is an absolute bop.
(I love the people and the people love me, so much that they restored the English monarchy …)🎶
Spell your name (or your blog’s name) with book titles.
- Empire of Storms by Sara J. Maas
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
- Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- I Killed Zoe Spanos by Kit Frick (haven’t read this yet but I want to).
- Me by Elton John
- A Girl Called Shameless by Laura Stevens
- If My Body Could Speak by Blythe Baird
What book would you like to see adapted into a movie or a play?
Last month I read The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden and I think that could make cool TV show. It’s set in New Orleans and it’s a paranormal series about withes and vampires with flashback to the main characters ancestor as she travel from Paris to the new world. With all the paranormal classics like Vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf over now I’d definitely watch this.
What’s your favourite book title?
This is a super cool but incredibly difficult question. I don’t know!
I doubt many people have heard of this book but I’m going to go with Parsnips, Buttered by Joe Lycett. He’s a UK comedian and this book is full of his funny emails back and forth with the council over parking tickets and dodgy internet scams etc.
- What book have you re-read the most?
- A popular book you think is overrated?
- Translate the title of your favourite book into emojis.
- Do you watch booktube? If yes whose your favourite booktuber?
- What’s the best book-ish gift you’ve ever recieved?
- If you could travel in time, where would you go?
- How do you rate books?
Thank you again to Nefeli for nominating me. I really am sorry it took me forever to get to it. I’m going to make it a priority over the next couple of weeks to catch up on things I’ve been tagged in.
Thanks you for reading and stay safe :))