Hi and howdy, welcome to my blog.
I’ve just woken up from a nap and oh my god I’m feeling so out of it! I never sleep in the day time, I mean it’s hard enough to sleep at night, but I’m fighting a cold and a killer sore throat at the minute and I accidently dosed off after making my cup of tea. R.I.P the cup of tea that I didn’t even get to have a sip of 😪
To try and shake myself out of this weird funk I’m in right now, I’m going to be doing the Outstanding Blogger Award which I was kindly nominated for by Daria @ Bookaholic’s Therapy! Thank you Daria for the nomination 🖤
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
🌼What is a book you really want to get to in 2021?🌼
Like a Love Story by Adbi Nazemian. I’ve been saying I’m going to read this book for the last two years but I swear, 2021 will be the year I read this book, cover to cover!
I’m scared of this book and the emotions it’s gonna stir up inside of me so that’s why I haven’t read it yet, I’m scared of feeling things.
I seriously need to face my fears though because I have such high expectations for this one!
🌼Do you listen to audiobooks?🌼
I’ve tried, time and time again to listen to audiobooks, I think they’re a great way to read more books while multitasking or if you’re just not in the mood for using your eyeballs, but sadly they’re just not for me.
I can never focus on them, I always end up zoning out OR trying so hard to concentrate that either way I don’t process any information. Hopefully one day I’ll develop some sort of attention span.
🌼Do you have any pets?🌼
I do! It’s like a damn zoo in my house, not gonna lie. Going from biggest to smallest we have:
- Fudge, he’s a grumpy old man now (although I argue he was a grumpy puppy too). He’s also a big lump and a total bed hog!
- Kit-Kat, also answers to “cat” and “lil shit”. I rescued him as a kitten when he was hiding under cars opposite my house. Loads of people tried to get him but I had biscuits. I swear he’s going to kill me one day but that’s ok.
- Poppet, a total mums boy. If you’re not my mother he doesn’t want you. He’s the literal baby of the family.
- Echo. My brother’s bearded dragon kind of creeps me out sometimes but he’s cute.
🌼Do you watch Booktube?🌼
All the time. Booktube makes up 1/4 of what I watch on Youtube.
🌼What is a book you think everyone should read?🌼
I think The Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven is a pretty important read.
Besides from being on of my favourite’s, it discusses the effects that slut-shaming and revenge porn have on a person and the double standards boys and girls face when it comes to this.
I thought these topics were handled really well and balanced out with a funny and incredibly witty writing style that made it just as much fun.
🌼Is there any popular character you dislike?🌼
I don’t know how popular Calypso from the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus series is but I don’t like her. It’s in The Dark Prophecy where she is one of the main characters, that I realised she annoyed me so much but then when I did my re-read of the series that dislike doubled when I remembered she literally cursed Percy and Annabeth. That’s when I was ready to throw hands with her.
🌼Who’s your favourite villain?🌼
This might just be because I’m in the midst of binging the trilogy and I’m really looking forward to the show but I’m loving The Darkling from The Grisha series at the minute.
Apparently him and Kaz Brekker are going to come face to face at some point in the show and I genuinely think that might kill me.
I do not have the mental capacity to nominate anyone right now, or think of original questions, quite frankly I’m still pretty close to falling asleep again.
I had a lot of fun with these questions though, thank you again to Daria for the nomination :))