Hello, welcome to my blog!
I was nominated for a couple of awards and tags and I am a fair few month behind on sharing them. It’s been a crazy few months and trying to find time to answer these questions has been near impossible.
I have the week off from uni this week though so now’s the perfect time to do the Liebster Award by Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox
The Liebster Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think deserve the award
- Ask 11 innovative questions to the ones you have nominated
- Remember to notify your nominees once you have uploaded your acknowledgement post
If you could be any book character which one would you like to be and why?
As a Uni student now in charge of my own finances living the life of Avery Grambs from The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes is looking great. Sure she has to live with some unbearable people and has been almost killed a few times, but I’d happily take that in exchange for the billions of dollars she inherited from a random stranger.
Plus I just really want to befriend Xander Hawthorne, aka the personification of a literal ray of sunshine.
A new favourite author you discovered in 2021?
I can say with complete confidence that I will be reading everything and anything Chloe Gong publishes from now on. I read both These Violent Delights and Our Violent Ends this year and loved both of them so much. She has a real talent for crafting stories, making characters feel so real and really setting an atmospheric scene.
It’s just been announced that she’s working on an adult series, maybe a trilogy (?). Either way she’s become a definite favourite this year!
Are you a fan of k-dramas (or dramas in general) and if yes which one would you recommend?
I’ve never watched any k-dramas so I don’t know if I’m a fan or not. I’ve seen a few clips of some online and they look like something I’d enjoy.
Is there an author you literally bought all books from?
I’m going to pass over the obvious answers of Cassandra Clare and Rick Riordan who own my soul when it comes to their respective series.
Outside of those two though I’d say Jenn Bennett but specifically her contemporaries. I own all of them besides Starry Eyes but I have read it.
I’d also say Erin Hahn. This is kind of bending the rules because I haven’t bought all her books, but I have been accepted for ARCs of all her published books and I do plan on owning them all eventually.
Todays TMI? *lol*
I had a full on concert in the shower earlier. Just me, myself and I jamming out to the new Little Mix songs, Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood (which is still stuck in my damn head!) and Taylor Swift!
What’s your favourite season and why?
Honestly whenever I get this question I can only ever think of the negatives of each season haha.
Summer: too hot. Autumn: too windy and rainy. Winter: too cold. Spring: allergies.
I think today I’m leaning more towards Winter being my favourite simply because I’m in the UK now so hopefully I’ll be able to see some snow this year. (instead of paying 25 euros to go to the mountains like I did last year). Also I get to go home for Christmas so it’ll be really nice because I’m missing home, I’m even missing people I don’t like.
Do you prefer to drink tea, coffee or water?
It’s honestly embarrassing how much tea I’m drinking at the minute. I used to make fun of my mum for her obsession, and now I’ve turned into her. It’s just nice to have a cup of tea in a morning or before bed when you’re cold and have a sore throat.
Which kind of tropes do you really dislike in books?
Oooo this is a good one. I feel like I’m totally over the “I’m not like other girls” trope, usually because they look down on “girly” things and almost shame girls and things like that. They just leave a bad taste in my mouth nowadays so unless there’s an overhaul on the trope, I don’t want it.
Your top 5 books of 2021 so far?
- As Many Nows As I Can Get by Shana Youngdahl
- Never Saw You Coming by Erin Hahn
- If This Get’s Out by Sophie Gonzales & Cale Dietrich
- Any Way the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell
- These Violent Delights & Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong
What is your favourite animal/creature from a book and why?
Not a creature or an animal. In fact it’s an egg. But Pablo Eggscabar from The Play by Elle Kennedy made me laugh and smile more then it should have.
Do you play an instrument and if yes, which one? =)
I used to play the cello when I was in primary school and then in Spanish schools it’s mandatory to play the recorder until the 2nd year of high-school so I did that too.
- What books did you read as a child?
- Do you have any signed editions of books? If no – what books would you like to have a signed copy of?
- What’s your go to pizza toppings?
- Have you ever picked up a book because it had a great cover but the inside wasn’t very good?
- Where do you get your book recommendations from?
- Do you think buying books and actually reading books are two completely different hobbies?
- Are you part of a book club?
- What book is at the top of your wish-list right now?
- Do you have pets? (and can I see photos?!)
- What book are you reading next?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you this year?
Very happy to have finally gotten around to this tag, thanks again to Virginia, I really loved your questions!