Hi and howdy 🤠
At the start of this year I sat down and wrote a list detailing the book series I wanted to start this year, and also the ones I really need to finish. Almost 365 days later, I’m back again to talk about the series I really did start, finish and catch up on :))
All Caught Up!!
I just realised that not only did I catch up on these three series, I actually re-read the previous books in the series before continuing on.
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman – Reading this graphic novel series has turned into a yearly tradition. Of course I always reread the previous volumes before starting in on the newest. I cannot wait for the fifth and final installment, and don’t get me started on the TV show!!
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – These books are basically Young Adult soap operas and I love them. I have no clue what is gonna happen in the third book, but I’m excited to find out. (I would happily sell my soul for an ARC of the final book).
- The Dreamers Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater – Here we have the newest series I’m all caught up on. And by “newest” I mean I finished Mister Impossible this afternoon.
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead – Adrian was my sole reason for starting this series and has now become my sole reason for continuing on. Not loving this series as much as I expected but I’ve read 3 of 6 books and am gonna try and push on in the new year.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – And would you look at that, another series I’m halfway through, not loving, but am continuing on for a dark haired sarcastic boy.
- The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori – I don’t know what prompted me to read the first book of this mafia romance series but if I’m ever in the mood for it again, there’s two books left in this series for me to read.
- Brown Sisters by Talia Hibbert – I’m so annoyed with myself that I couldn’t fit in the third book. I’m doing a post about grumpy/sunshine romances which seems to be the main trope in book 3 so this should be getting completed soon!
- Briar U by Elle Kennedy – After essentially binge-ing the original series, and then this spinoff series, I’ve only got one book left to read. Logically I should have read it by now but the last book I read in this series was so good, don’t want to ruin that by the finale being a dud.
- Love & Gelato by Jenne Evans Welch – This book was okay, but only okay. I don’t know if I enjoyed it enough to fork out and spend time reading the other two books.
- Simon Snow by Rainbow Rowell – Would just like to give a big shoutout to my gran who bought me the beautiful hardback of Any Way The Wind Blows, thereby allowing me to complete this series! Which did not disappoint.
- The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams – Very proud of myself for starting and completing all four books in this series. It was a big help that these were fun and easy to read.
- Off Campus by Elle Kennedy – This series was down right addictive! I legit read all four books in about a week and have had to stop myself multiple times throughout the year from going back and doing it all over again.
- Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo – The release of the TV show (which was A+) pushed me to finally completing this series which I re-started this year.
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong – This series was absolute perfection. There’s a reason it’s all the hype.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – You would not understand the amount of accomplishment when finally, after god knows how many years, I finally finished this series after randomly having the urge to restart it. One of the things I’m most proud of doing this year … alongside graduating and starting uni.
Said I was going to read … but I didn’t. Oops.
- Camelot Rising by Kiersten White – So I wasn’t a huge fan of these first two books, they were pretty mediocre and I just don’t think I’m gonna read the third book.
- Market of Monsters by Rebecca Schaeffer – I’m probably most annoyed at myself for not reading this series this year. It’s been two years and I’ve still only read the first book. I’m really gonna make it a priority in 2022 to re-read and finish this trilogy!
- The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden – Another one I’m “hmm-ing” and “ahh-ing” over whether or not I’m going to continue on with. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the two books but they were longggg.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – My goals for 2021 were to read the final book, and watch the two new movies. I did neither of those things.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston – And then there’s this series which I didn’t even start. To be completely honest with you, after including it in that initial post, I barely even thought about picking it up. I’m terrible.
Overall, it’s not been a bad year in terms of series. I’m pretty happy with what I’ve been able to start and complete, although I do wish I could have finished one or two more.
If you’ve read any of these, I’d love to hear your thoughts and feelings, as well as what series you started and completed this year. Thanks for reading :))